Louella Reese Wedding: Ceremony

Our ceremony and cocktail hour at The Arbors.

I could see Joshua well before he could see me. Butterflies were forming in my stomach and my heart was beating faster than ever. I soaked in my soon to be husband standing there, waiting to turn around once he received the signal to do so. All I could think about was looking into his eyes and seeing him see me.  I may have pulled my dad down that aisle trying to get to Joshua! Our ceremony was full of special moments including our favorite worship songs, a moment where Joshua and I stepped off to the side to pray together, and reciting personal written vows.

I reflect back on our ceremony often. The way it felt to see Joshua. To reach him at the end of the aisle. And to have him pull me into is arms for a kiss that marked us as husband and wife. Hearing the vows he wrote to me and having him hear what I wrote for him. These are moments I will cherish our whole lives. Moments I cannot wait for each of you to experience if you haven’t yet!

Ceremony, Blogger Wedding, Style Me Pretty Wedding, The Arbors Events, Modern Trousseau Wedding Dress, ASOS Bridesmaid Dresses, The Knotty TiesOnce our ceremony was complete our guests were treated to a cocktail hour on the market lit patio of our reception venue. We served a variety of appetizers that were personal favorites of ours while a bluegrass band filled the air with sweet southern music. Additionally, we had a lawn game area {more on that here} with dice and bocce ball from Mark & Graham plus a custom cornhole set. We wanted cocktail hour to be a time to mix and mingle while enjoying the beautiful fall weather.

Tomorrow will be all about our wedding reception. Finishing up our wedding day coverage! Please let me know any additional posts you’d like on the wedding planning process, the wedding day, deciding on vendors, etc… Whatever it is you want/need I am more than happy to write about it!

Photography: Faith Teasley

Venue: The Arbors

Flowers: Lily Greenthumbs

Dress: Modern Trousseau

Hair & Make up: Sweet Magnolia Beauties

Bridesmaid Dresses: ASOS

Suits: Belk

Ties & Bow-ties: The Knotty Ties

1. January 16, 2017 / 12:08 pm

These photos are seriously so stunning! I love each and every one! Your location and theme is so pretty and you look absolutely beautiful! SO sweet!

Lauren

• January 16, 2017 / 6:47 pm

Aw thank you so much Lauren! You’re so incredibly sweet to say all of that.

2. January 19, 2017 / 9:14 am

I seriously LOVE those bridesmaid dresses! What an unusual find and so completely perfect to compliment your dress!

xox
    Emily

3. June 27, 2018 / 9:30 am

All the heart eyes! Such beautiful pictures and so many special moments. You look gorgeous in your wedding dress and I loved being able to read all about the ceremony. I can’t wait to read all about your wedding reception! Now I want to get married and plan a beautiful wedding like yours!

xo, Lydia

• June 28, 2018 / 9:10 am

You are the absolute sweetest! Thank you so much gal! Weddings are just so special.

4. MCKENNA
    June 27, 2018 / 11:24 am

Such a stunning wedding!! Your dress looks so perfect on you!

5. June 27, 2018 / 1:58 pm

What a dreamy wedding! You looked absolutely stunning!

6. Stephanie
    June 27, 2018 / 3:47 pm

Ahhhhh with less than 5 months from my big day, this just has me extra excited! The photos are beautiful and you look spectacular. This looks like such a special wedding experience!

• June 28, 2018 / 9:11 am

Yay! I am so excited for you! I hope the time flies. I know my husband and I were just SO ready to get married those last few months. We were dying for the day to come!

7. June 27, 2018 / 8:19 pm

Congrats lady! These are such beautiful photos and you were a gorgeous bride. Love how everything just looks so natural and it just emphasizes the love of the day.

oxo,
    Iesha aka Lesh
    LivingLesh.com

8. June 28, 2018 / 1:03 am

Such a beautiful wedding girl!! I love these moments captured, and I can only imagine how much happiness and love was there that day!!

Kileen

• June 28, 2018 / 9:12 am

Thank you Kileen! There was definitely a lot and it makes my heart so happy to look back at the photos and relive it!

9. June 28, 2018 / 8:31 am

I love that y’all stepped off the side to pray and read special vows together. What an intimate and UNFORGETTABLE piece to your ceremony! I might have to bank that idea for future use haha! I actually think I want to do a first look though and say a special prayer then and get the nerves out of the way.

• June 28, 2018 / 9:21 am

Thank you gal! It really was such a special moment. Highly recommend it. There is something so incredible about praying with your soon to be husband about your marriage. The was STRONG and the emotions were HIGH and I couldn’t wait to say I DO!

June 28, 2018 / 9:15 am

These pictures are stunning lady!

11. June 28, 2018 / 11:13 am

You are a beautiful bride! I love your flower crown and that dress! Everything looked absolutely perfect!

• June 28, 2018 / 11:37 am

Aw thank you so much Dawn! The flower crown was my absolute favorite part of my look. I had the hardest time throwing it away when it was time ha. Thank you again!

12. June 28, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Freaking beautiful! I loved your dress and hair.