Sharing an easy Italian dinner menu for a fun Italian themed night with your spouse and/or family!
This month, The Fresh Market is hosting “Flavors of Italy,” where they will share the country’s colorful flavors and traditional cuisine. As you walk around the store you will be able to find a handpicked Italian classics! Ones that both you and your family/friends will enjoy.
Some of these handpicked Italian classics include Artisan Pasta, Ciabatta Bread, Fresh Mozzarella, Parmigiano Reggiano, Gelato, Tiramisu, and Cannoli’s. I for one am extremely excited about all of the desserts and Parmigiano Reggiano. Yum!
Additionally, The Fresh Market’s 178 store locations will be hosting weekend sampling events. The next event will be on Saturday, March 25 and Sunday, March 26 from 1-5 p.m. During this time you’ll be able to sample Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil with bread, bruschetta bread with deli bruschetta topping, Cannoli, Gelato, and Tiramisu. Guess who will be in line to try all of the desserts? This gal, for sure! Bringing the hubs along as well.
In spirit of The Fresh Market’s Flavors of Italy event, I wanted to share an easy Italian dinner menu for you to enjoy!
Our menu included marinara meat sauce with rigatoni pasta topped with parmigiano reggiano, fresh bruschetta bread, cannoli dip, and rose.
For the pasta dish, I simply boiled the pasta as described on the box, drained, and placed aside. While the pasta as cooking, I browned the beef, drained the excess grease, and returned to the iron skillet. I then mixed the marinara sauce with the meat. Once throughly mixed and warm, I put the pasta bowls together. Sprinkling the parmigiano reggiano on top. The fresh bruschetta bread was perfect for dipping in our marinara meat sauce!
Cannoli dip ingredients and instructions below! You can find all of the ingredients I used at The Fresh Market. Warning: This dip is highly addictive!
- 1 cup ricotta
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- waffle cone pieces for dipping
- 1. Use a standing mixer to whisk together ricotta, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- 2. Add vanilla extract and continue to whip for 30 seconds
- 3. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, sprinkle additional chocolate chips once dip is placed in serving dish
- 4. Dip waffle cone pieces and enjoy!
- If you would like the dip to be sweeter you can add additional powdered sugar. At max, you can add an additional 8 tablespoons. Add 2 tablespoons at a time.
Thank you to the fresh market for sponsoring this post. All views and opinions are of course my own!