Blue and White Tunic Dress // Duck, NC

The tunic dress I was made to wear! Plus how to style the trend to take you from day to night.

Tunic Dress // What to Wear to the Beach // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

c/o tunic dress // similar swimsuit // towel // sunglasses

Happy Tuesday! Hope your Monday went well and flew by quickly! If you missed yesterday’s post, I shared a travel guide for Duck, NC + the Outer Banks, you can check it out here. Today, I’m sharing the one full look I really shot while on vacation. The main item being, of course, this blue and white tunic dress. Basically my dream tunic dress. Fun fact: I have ALWAYS wanted a preppy tunic dress like this but have never been able to find the right one. One that really reflected my personal style until I laid eyes on this one, that is. The item comes from one of my favorite brands, Escapada Living. I’ve share this brand a couple of times here on Louella Reese. You can find the posts here, here, and here. If you haven’t checked out Escapada Living yet, you need to! They’re the perfect spot for vacation wear, game day tailgating looks, and bright hued pieces for fall

Outer Banks Beaches // NC Outer Banks Travel Guide // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Tunic Dress // What to Wear to the Beach // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Tunic Dress // What to Wear to the Beach // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Floral One Piece Swimsuit // What to Wear to the Beach // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Tunic Dress // What to Wear to the Beach // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Tunic Dress // What to Wear to the Beach // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Tunic Dress // What to Wear to the Beach // Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

c/o tunic // similar swimsuit // towel // sunglasses

While I styled the tunic dress for day, you could easily style the dress for night. Think taking this look from beach to cocktails + dinner. Personally, I’d reach for a pair of wedges {p.s. my favorite pair is currently 40% off}, easy clutch, and statement earrings. Since I was at the beach all day, I’d probably pull my hair up into a bun and call it a day!

If I weren’t at the beach…

For day, I would pair the tunic dress with white sneakers and a trusty denim jacket

For night, simple ballet flats, a stylish tote, and again {but different}, statement earrings

Check out previous travel style here

thank you to escapada living for sponsoring this post! all views and opinions are of course my own!

• September 19, 2017 / 5:23 pm

Thank you lady! It really was. Aw thank you!! My hair really lightened up with all the time we spent in the sun.

• September 19, 2017 / 5:26 pm

Thank you gal! Escapada Living seriously makes the prettiest vacation wear, gameday pieces, and basics!

• September 20, 2017 / 8:58 am

Thank you Courtney! It is very lightweight but not see through. A total win!

• September 20, 2017 / 8:58 am

Aw thank you Rach! They’re both really comfortable. They were definitely favorites of mine on the trip.

1. September 19, 2017 / 8:59 pm

What I wouldn’t do to be at the beach right now! Absolutely love these photos and your dress, you look gorgeous!

Rachel / http://www.helloher.co

• September 20, 2017 / 8:59 am

Wish you could be! Going in late summer, early fall is always so special. Less crowds and so peaceful. Thank you so much Rachel!

2. Ruthie
    September 19, 2017 / 9:16 pm

Everything in this post makes me want to hold onto summer!!! Love that towel and tunic!!

• September 20, 2017 / 9:00 am

I was right there with you. When I was at the beach, I never wanted summer to end. Now that I’m home and has my last beach fill for the summer, I am ready for fall haha. Thanks so much Ruthie!

3. Ashley
    September 19, 2017 / 10:22 pm

This makes me want to go to the beach! Such a pretty coverup and I love your suit!

• September 20, 2017 / 9:01 am

Wish you could! It’s special during this time of year, so peaceful. Thank you gal! Excited to style the tunic dress for fall now.

4. September 19, 2017 / 11:25 pm

such a gorgeous dress cover-up and i love the print of your towel!

kileen

• September 20, 2017 / 9:03 am

Isn’t it so fun? Escapada Living makes the prettiest pattern dresses. You should definitely see if they have it in your alma mater colors to wear to tailgates or games.

• September 21, 2017 / 6:37 am

Thank you so much gal! Definitely agree, it was an item I reached for often on the trip.

• September 28, 2017 / 4:53 pm

The beach at the end of summer is something special. You definitely need to make it happen, this year or next gal! Thank you so much!