February Recap

A little February recap! Including a couple of items purchased for the upcoming Spring season!

How to Bring Spring into Your Winter Wardrobe | Pink Wool Coat | Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

original post here | photos by prêt-à-provost

Clothing Purchased:
Cleobella Finbar Tote
Mar Y Sol Tulum Crocheted Tote
Soludos Wedge Lace-Up Espadrilles
Free People Ruffle Ankle Socks
UO Ribbed Turtleneck Mini Dress {on sale, under $25}

Home Items Purchased:
Guess I was so busy in February I completely forgot to pick anything up for the house! #whoops

Where I Went:
NYC for NYFW – I have been sharing tons of content from NYFW so I am sure you are over hearing about it haha. If you happened to miss anything, you can find all NYFW posts here.

Charlottesville, VA – Last weekend I headed to this sweet college town for a girls getaway! We had the best time exploring the town and visiting several vineyards {especially the wine tasting part}. Stay tuned as I’ll share a travel diary + guide on Monday.

Movies Watched:
Only The Brave: So you may know, I have a crush on Miles Teller, which was my number one reason for wanting to watch this movie. After watching, I was even more blown away by the actor. I also gained an even larger respect for the men {and women} that fight fires to protect land, neighborhoods, and their neighbors. It’s an amazing movie that I highly recommend.

Recipes Tried:
Creamy Herb Chicken – Honestly, I was super impressed with myself after trying this recipe. Our dinner looked like we had just been served at a snazzy restaurant. The best part, the recipe is incredibly easy!
Frozen Hot Chocolate – One of my favorite desserts ever!

Favorite Blog Posts of the Month on Louella Reese:
Reader Favorite: National Chocolate Lovers Month & Three Hairstyles for NYFW
My Favorite: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Joshua

Favorite Blog Posts of the Month:
The Only House Plants I Can Not Kill – My Style Vita
Instagram Tips: My Photographer’s Thoughts on Aesthetic Edits – The Champagne Edit
A Dress Lover’s Guide to Denim – Gal Meets Glam
Everything You Need to Know About Ice Rolling – Covering the Bases

Favorite Song of the Month:
Man of the Woods – Justin Timberlake

Reading:
I am still reading 5 Minutes with Jesus: Peace for Today and again, still absolutely loving it! After joining a life group/bible study, I started Craving Connection: 30 Challenges for Real-Life Engagement. It is AMAZING! A great book for women of all ages to read.

TV Shows Watched/Watching:
We are still watching This is Us and Lethal Weapon. We just caught up on Nashville and for the first time in a LONG time I am really into it. Of course, they are now on hiatus until June ughhh! Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal are also on hiatus, so waiting for those to return. Joshua and I also started watching the Waco series. Wow! My mind is blown basically every minute of the show. Looking forward to watching the last three episodes.

Take a look back at my recaps from JanuaryDecemberNovemberOctoberSeptemberAugustJulyJune, May, and April

1. March 2, 2018 / 9:03 am

Thanks for sharing this february recap girl! really loving all the recaps and everything you did / bought.

also, love me some nashville and scandal.

xo, lydia

• March 5, 2018 / 10:04 am

Of course gal, thank you for reading!! Yay – glad to have a fellow Nashville and Scandal fan.

2. March 2, 2018 / 9:26 am

this is the first time i’ve read one of your monthly recaps and I love the layout of it! so i’ve never watched this is us (I don’t think I’m EMOTIONALLY ready for it, ha) but I do want to start watching nashville. I randomly saw a few EPISODES a few years ago but it just looks like a good binge worthy show!

ps. i just signed up for your newsletter so i wont miss anymore posts. thats one of my goals this year is to keep up with my favorite girl’s blogs!

xo! Taylor

• March 5, 2018 / 10:04 am

Aw thank you gal! I really appreciate that. Yeah, This Is Us is quite emotional, almost every episode. Nashville is great! It’s been picking back up lately and I love it. Thank you so much for signing up for my newsletter! That is so sweet of you!

3. Taylor Aube
    March 2, 2018 / 9:35 am

Such a fun round up! Hope you had a blast at NYFW! I love that pink coat by the way

4. March 2, 2018 / 10:01 am

Looks like you had a fun and exciting Feb. I have not seen Only the brave and I will have to check it out 🙂

❥ tanvii.com

5. March 2, 2018 / 2:24 pm

I always love reading these recaps of your month! They remind me to try new recipes and catch up on my tv shows I have recorded! haha

March 3, 2018 / 11:43 am

Soludos always makes the best espadrilles! i can’t wait to see how you style yours.

• March 5, 2018 / 10:07 am

Couldn’t agree more! I already have four looks coming to the blog soon featuring them. I’m obsessed haha.

7. March 4, 2018 / 1:03 pm

The FP ruffled ankle socks are SO cute! I think I may have to get a pair.

8. March 4, 2018 / 6:04 pm

That creamy Herb Chicken looks delish! I am going to have to try it ASAP!

xoxo,
    Kim

9. Stephanie
    March 4, 2018 / 8:03 pm

I love recap posts like these. Such fun! I’m glad you enjoyed Charlottesville. It’s one of my favorite places. The wineries are everything!

10. March 5, 2018 / 9:48 pm

Those espadrilles are too cute! sounds like you had a fun and busy month

11. Emily Wilkinson
    March 6, 2018 / 10:25 am

Such a fun month! I want to try that herb chicken!