Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread

Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread featured by Louella Reese Life & Style Blog #bananabread #healthybananabread

And Monday, we meet again! To make Monday just a little better, I’m finally sharing my blueberry banana bread recipe. This has been one of the most requested blog posts in a long time. Y’all are psyched about some banana bread and I don’t blame you one single bit. As mentioned here I am all about the stuff too!

For some reason I have been on a banana bread kick and loving every minute of it. I’ve tried classic banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, strawberry banana bread, and now blueberry banana bread. Picking a favorite is hard and I absolutely cannot choose just one. However, I will say the chocolate chip banana bread is my favorite for snacking on in the evening. While the blueberry banana bread is my favorite to eat anytime of day. So today, I am sharing the latter!

The recipe for this bread is quick, easy, and I say healthy because there is no refined sugar being added and instead of butter, I opted to us coconut oil. Which I believe makes it taste even better and a little more moist. So without further ado, the recipe…

Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe

• 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas {I used 3 medium bananas
  • 1 34 cups white whole wheat flour {you can use regular whole wheat flour too
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  1. Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9x5inch loaf pan
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, and baking soda together. Set bowl aside.
  3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, coconut oil, honey, greek yogurt, and vanilla for about 2 minutes. Then stir in the mashed bananas and flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Then add blueberries and stir by hand.
  4. Pour batter into grease loaf pan, sprinkle with additional blueberries {just a few}. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!

I hope y’all enjoy it and I cannot wait to hear what you think after testing out the recipe! Be sure to come back here and post after trying or shoot me a DM on instagram. I would LOVE to hear from you!

1. June 18, 2018 / 9:54 am

This looks and sounds SO good! And love any treat that’s on the healthier side, haha! Thanks for sharing… I may just have to make this now.

xo, Lydia

• June 18, 2018 / 10:20 am

I have been on the BIGGEST banana bread kick so creating a healthier version was a must. Hope you love it as much as we do!

2. Elizabeth Seal
    June 18, 2018 / 4:30 pm

Ahhh your blog is absolutely magical! This looks amazing and you capture it beautifully too, I can’t see one of your photos that isn’t gorgeous 😀 can’t wait to give this a try! xx

elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

3. June 18, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Oh wow!! This looks so good!!! I need to start baking!
    XO
    Sam
    Finding Fabulous

4. Stephanie
    June 18, 2018 / 6:08 pm

You don’t even understand how excited I was when I read this recipe and I wasn’t allergic to a single ingredient – SUPER rare! I am pinning this right away so I can make it later. It sounds delicious!

• June 19, 2018 / 11:22 am

Aw yay!! That makes me so incredibly happy! I hope you absolutely love it gal!

5. Ruthie Ridley
    June 18, 2018 / 7:27 pm

What a fun recipe post! These photos are amazing as well! I want to try this for the fam!!

• June 19, 2018 / 11:24 am

Thank you Ruthie! So appreciate that gal – took them myself 🙂 yes – you should definitely try out the recipe. I am sure they would love it!

6. jane
    June 19, 2018 / 4:22 am

This looks so tasty.
    I am a blueberry lover!

Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

7. June 19, 2018 / 6:14 am

It looks delicious. I have been ‘sugar free’ for last 6 months and making a similar bread with almost alike recipe but with almond flour. What’s the greek yogurt for though?

❥ tanvii.com

• June 19, 2018 / 11:28 am

Thank you Tanvi! Definitely a new favorite of ours. You can use greek yogurt or milk but I opted for greek yogurt due to the consistency.

8. Kristina
    June 20, 2018 / 7:54 am

This looks absolutely delicious! I try not to eat a lot of bread but I do like to treat myself with banana bread every now and then!

• June 21, 2018 / 10:12 am

Thanks Kristina! You’ll definitely have to give it a try. We bought the fruit at the Kings St. Farmers Market and it was SO good!

June 20, 2018 / 12:24 pm

This looks so delish! I’m totally going to try and make it.

10. Mollie
    June 20, 2018 / 1:47 pm

Yep bookmarking this post!! Now that I work from home I have the time to bake / cook more than I used to. I’m always looking for healthy alternatives to some of my favorite treats! PS – what kind of camera do you use? Your pics are always so gorgeous!

xx Mollie

• June 21, 2018 / 10:18 am

Yay!! You’ll definitely have to give this a try. I am positive you’ll love it. And thank you for the compliment! I use a Sony a7 with a 35mm Sony lens.

11. sarah lindner
    June 21, 2018 / 9:26 am

Now this looks delish! I will def have to try and make it!

xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

12. June 21, 2018 / 10:02 am

YUM YUM YUM!!! I need some of this goodness in my life! Although, I’ll probably switch the blueberries out for chocolate chips 🙂

• June 24, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Yes girl! You totally need to give it a try. I’ve been making that kind too haha. Obsessed!

13. Angelle
    June 25, 2018 / 1:28 am

Saving this recipe!! It looks and sounds so good!!

xoxo,