Top 5 Favorite Summer Weekend Activities in Charlotte

Styling the comfiest lightweight joggers for some casual summer weekend outfit inspo!

Navy Lightweight Joggers for Summer | How to Style Joggers for Summer featured on Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

c/o striped ruffle sleeve tee | c/o navy joggers | c/o clear cross-body bag | similar sneakers {included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale} | cable cuff | cable ring

Happy Thursday! Every summer week I feel as though I’m just living for the weekend. For pool or lake days, hitting a local brewery, or exploring Charlotte via bike. I live for summer weekends and all the fun activities they offer! We have another laid back weekend #praise and will be spending it with friends at the USNWC Saturday. Also, super excited to get together with a couple of out of town friends Sunday for brunch! What are you up to this weekend?

Since I’m all about weekend life, I styling the comfiest lightweight joggers for casual summer weekend day! I’m thinking coffee in the am, a couple errands, and then breweries with friends before grabbing dinner at the new it spot in town. With the feminine tee shirt and chic bag, this look easily goes from day to night.

Clear Crossbody Handbag, Kelly Wynne | Casual Summer Outfit Idea featured on Louella Reese Blog
Navy Lightweight Joggers for Summer | Casual Summer Outfit Idea featured on Louella Reese Blog

There are a couple of cute joggers included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that you can’t miss! My favorite pair are these ultra soft gray-black from Zella. Second, these crazy comfy {and warm} joggers from Nike at serious discount {under $45}. I did try that pair on and highly recommend sizing down one size.  Lastly, a super feminine pair from Zella with bow details.

Navy Lightweight Joggers for Summer | How to Style Joggers for Summer featured on Louella Reese Blog

Top 5 Favorite Summer Weekend Activities in Charlotte

1. U.S. National White Water Center: Go for the day and partake in all of the activities. There is white water rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding, rock climbing, zip lining, ropes courses, mountain biking, hiking trails, and more! Or go for the evening Thursday-Saturday for River Jam. Where you can enjoy live music, local brews, and delicious food.

2. Ride Lime Bikes and Brewery Hop: Lime bikes are bikes you can rent through an app on your phone and only cost $1 per 30 minutes. When you sign up you receive a free ride and if you have someone sign up with your referral you receive three free rides.

Some of my favorite breweries include: Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, Sugar Creek Brewing, Hyde Brewing/Suffolk Punch, and Triple C Brewing.

3. Spend the day on Lake Norman and hit up Hello, Sailor for drinks. Also, and ice cream sandwich!

4. Go hiking! Either at the U.S. National White Water Center or Crowders Mountain. OR go for a walk on one of the greenways around Charlotte or our neighborhood {when we’re feeling active yet lazy haha}.

5. Try out a new restaurant and dine outside if possible {aka if it isn’t too hot}. Most recently we have tried Haymaker, Bulla Gastrobar, and Legion Brewing. Oh dessert too, Golden Cow Creamery! Get the dunk-a-roo flavor, you’ll thank me later!

PHOTOS BY KRISTEN BISHOP DAY

1. July 19, 2018 / 10:08 am

This look is so comfty chic, I adore it! Also loving that crossbody. Thanks for the summer weekend tips!

2. July 19, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I love this weekend look! You look so put together but also up for any activity! PS – when are we going to the Whitewater Center?!

• July 19, 2018 / 3:29 pm

Thank you!! Definitely rocking those joggers this weekend aka this whole look again probably haha. SOON! Wanting to go lots before summer fades away!

3. July 19, 2018 / 4:00 pm

That bag is so cute! It’s perfect to wear to a concert or sporting event!

• July 19, 2018 / 4:16 pm

Thanks love! Yes, for sure – I wore it to all the football games last year. It was great!

4. July 19, 2018 / 7:43 pm

Laura! You seriously have the cutest freakin’ style, I can’t handle it! Love your clear bag, so fun for the weekends and sporting events. My cousin is getting married this weekend and I’m introducing the bf to the entire fam – should be fun! Hope you have a great weekend.

Rachel

• July 20, 2018 / 10:29 am

Oh my gosh you are so sweet Rachel, thank you lots gal! I really appreciate it. Eeeek yay! That is so excited and extremely nerve-racking for him I am sure. I wish you all luck and that you have a great time at the weekend!

5. Mollie
    July 20, 2018 / 4:04 am

First of all, that clear bag is everything! I’m obsessed!! Second of all, I’ve always wanted to visit Lake Norman! It looks beautiful!

xx Mollie

• July 20, 2018 / 10:33 am

Ah thank you gal! It is such a fun one to carry. Next time you’re in the states you’ll have to make your way to Charlotte and spend a day there! It is such a special spot.

6. I am loving these joggers! The humidity hasn’t been completely horrible so these could be great for at night or on the weekend. I am really loving that bag!

• July 20, 2018 / 10:35 am

Thank you Laura! Yes, I totally agree. I actually ended up wearing them out last night and they were perfect.

July 20, 2018 / 9:55 am

I lived in Charlotte for 6+ years! One of my favorite cities, and SO much to do!

8. Em
    July 20, 2018 / 9:57 am

The WWC is always so much fun! We love doing breweries when we’re there too!

• July 20, 2018 / 10:37 am

Isn’t it? Seriously my favorite place. Brewery hopping is such a great way to spend a weekend day!

9. July 20, 2018 / 10:00 am

I’m headed to Charlotte in a few weeks so i’ll Definitely have to do some of these activities! Thanks for the recommendation!

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

• July 20, 2018 / 10:37 am

Ah yay! Yes, you definitely should and message me if you need any additional recommendations.

10. July 21, 2018 / 1:11 am

so fun!!!
    i’m loving your little striped out! the ruffle sleeve is too cute!

11. July 25, 2018 / 2:04 am

These suggestions are SO good. Charlotte is one of my favorite cities but I’ve never been with the hubs so I’m thinking another trip is in order so we can check some of these off together.

• July 25, 2018 / 9:17 am

Thank you so much Mae!! Yes, that would be so much fun, you definitely should!