What to Cross Off Your Summer Bucket List Before Fall

Sharing the perfect feminine & casual late summer look to wear while crossing items off your late summer bucket list!

striped tee shirt | yellow midi skirt {only available in red and black online, yellow in store} | navy straw hat | similar ivory loafers | c/o white statement earrings | cable cuff | cable ring

Earlier this summer I shared my Summer 2018 Bucket List and I’m happy to report I’ve crossed almost everything off of the list! Woohoo! I still have one more book to complete {half way through though} and one trip that may be pushed back to the fall. Otherwise, right on track! How’s your summer 2018 bucket list completion going?

Almost finishing mine had me thinking, a late Summer bucket list is necessary. There are so many things to enjoy about summer and while the season goes fast, the last few weeks are sometimes the best and need to be fully enjoyed. Am I right? So I’m adding five things to my summer bucket list and calling it the Late Summer Bucket List. Creative right?! haha

Preppy Striped Tee, Yellow Midi Skirt for Late Summer, Early Fall | Late Summer Bucket List featured on Louella Reese

Hit the Pool at Least Once a Week

We have to take advantage of it while it’s still open! Most pools close the week after Labor Day so we only have a couple of weeks left. Make a point to catch some rays, read a book in the sun, or splash in the water with your favorites before the closed sign goes up.

Joshua and I have been making a point to go every Friday when we wrap up our work and Sunday’s when the to do lists are done. Reading at the pool is my favorite and as I mentioned above, I still have a little over half a book to get through so I’ll be needing the pool time for sure!

Yellow Midi Skirt for Late Summer, Early Fall | Late Summer Bucket List featured on Louella Reese Blog
Yellow Midi Skirt for Late Summer, Early Fall | Late Summer Bucket List featured on Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Have a Bonfire

Now I know bonfires are really popular in the fall and winter. They’re great to cozy up to on a cool night with a blanket wrapped around you. But they’re fun in the summer too! Especially late summer when nights are a little cooler. There’s something so special about ending a weekend night with a bonfire. Grab some marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey’s chocolate for the ultimate bonfire snack! pro tip: replace the graham crackers with Oreos – it’s life changing.

We’ve only had one bonfire all summer which is SO unlike us. So I’m really hoping to make at least one more happen before fall creeps up on us. Plus, my sweet tooth is totally craving some s’mores.

Preppy Casual Summer Style, Ivory Loafers for Late Summer, Early Fall | What to Cross Off Your Late Summer Bucket List featured on Louella Reese

Explore a New Area of Town

The perfect way to spend a weekend day! Pick a neighboring town or even an actual neighborhood you haven’t explored yet and make plans to spend a full day there. Bike ride around or pound the pavement. Stop into the local farmers market. Find a sweet cafe or restaurant to grab lunch in. And if you’re still there in the evening, stop in somewhere else for dinner! You never know what gem of a restaurant you’ll find!

Lucky for me, Joshua enjoys doing this as well. We’ve explored a couple new areas this summer while revisiting some favorites. Although I’m still wanting to go back to Davidson sometime this summer as it’s my favorite!

Preppy Casual Summer Style, Yellow Midi Skirt for Late Summer, Early Fall | What to Cross Off Your Late Summer Bucket List featured on Louella Reese Blog

Play Hooky & Go On an Adventure

Can we all agree that summer is the BEST season to play hooky and take full advantage of the day?! Hit a local theme park or water park, spend the day at local breweries trying flights, visit a local winery and find a new favorite, drive to the beach, or just hit the road with no plans at all except to enjoy your day off!

I don’t know if this counts because we have plans haha. But Joshua and I are taking a day off later this month to go on a little adventure. We haven’t visited and participated in all the activities at the U.S. National Whitewater Center together, so we’re doing so. Whitewater rafting, zip lining, paddle boarding, kayaking, rock climbing, and everything else we can fit in!

Preppy Casual Summer Style, Yellow Midi Skirt for Late Summer, Early Fall | What to Cross Off Your Late Summer Bucket List featured on Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

Go Kayaking or Tubing

Find a local river you can go tubing down. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the sun, some time with friends, and just totally lay back and relax! Or grab a kayak and hit up a local lake, river, or even ocean. Great way to get a work out in while exploring and again, enjoying time in the sun!

Fingers crossed we’ll be doing this, this weekend, if the weather behaves itself!

PHOTOS BY KRISTEN BISHOP DAY

1. Danielle
    August 16, 2018 / 9:16 am

I love these! Tubing has been on my bucket list forever! This is totally encouraging me to just go DO IT before Summer is over!

xx, Danielle | http://www.pineappleandprosecco.com

2. August 16, 2018 / 10:55 am

I definitely need to make time to go kayaking this summer! It’s been on my list!! Thanks for the reminder! 😉

xo, Hillary | hillheady.com

3. August 16, 2018 / 11:15 am

Okay, I seriously need to do all of these things! Especially have a bonfire, I haven’t done that in years! Love your outfit, too.

Rachel

4. August 16, 2018 / 11:44 am

Reading by the pool is the best!! Are you still finishing up “What Alice Forgot”? I’m about half way through as well!

• August 16, 2018 / 3:06 pm

Isn’t it?! Absolutely love it. I finished it! I’m onto Matchmaking for beginners and loving it!

5. August 16, 2018 / 1:21 pm

I am drooling over this skirt!!! Such a gorgeous look and these are SUCH great tips. My husband and I need to be more adventurous even in our hometown.

xx Rebecca // http://www.rebeccapiersol.me

• August 16, 2018 / 3:10 pm

Aw thank you Rebecca! It is definitely a new favorite. Glad you enjoyed reading the tips. Y’all absolutely should! I’m sure you’d have a blast!

• August 16, 2018 / 5:03 pm

For sure! It’s been a wonderful one thus far. Pool days (or lake days) are the best days!

6. August 16, 2018 / 6:00 pm

Having a bonfire sounds like such a wonderful idea!!!

7. August 16, 2018 / 7:20 pm

I like the idea of making a bucket list of everything I want to do that summer. I can mark everything off that way!

Megan | http://www.pipmegan.com

8. Em
    August 17, 2018 / 10:29 am

I LOVE these late summer ideas- a bonfire would be so fun!

9. August 17, 2018 / 3:28 pm

These are excellent! I love the idea of exploring a new area of town. There’s something so wonderful about being a “tourist” in your own city!

10. August 18, 2018 / 12:39 am

These are such cute ideas babe and I love your outfit! That skirt paired with this hat is so cute!

Kileen

11. August 19, 2018 / 9:19 pm

What a great idea!! I have been trying to get to the pool but it keeps raining! Your look is super cute too!
    xo
    Samantha

12. August 20, 2018 / 12:15 pm

I totally need to go tubing before the season is over! I can’t believe I forgot to do that. I’ve had a bunch of bonfires, but a few more couldn’t hurt!

-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com

• August 20, 2018 / 1:30 pm

You absolutely should! We unfortunately did not due to the weather but have rescheduled to September so hopefully that’ll happen. And yay bonfires!

• August 20, 2018 / 6:31 pm

Aw thanks gal! Hope you’re able to sneak a few of them in before the season ends!

13. ashley hargrove
    August 21, 2018 / 8:57 am

I LOVE bonfires!! I need to go get a fire pit since we can’t have “real” fires outside anymore with all of these burn bans! Such a cute post babe!

• August 21, 2018 / 9:19 am

They’re the best, aren’t they?! Oh no, well that is totally understandable but also stinks at the same time. You’ll have to find a good, safe one at Lowe’s or something. Thank you love, appreciate you reading!

14. August 22, 2018 / 4:54 pm

I’m so bummed that we never took in a bonfire this Summer! I feel like we always go to at least one, so I’m hoping we have a few chances come Fall! These are great suggestions and YES to hitting up the pool!

xo, Sara

• August 24, 2018 / 11:03 am

Well you still have time! Maybe you can make it happen this weekend. Thanks love!