What to Wear When It’s Fall But Doesn’t Feel Like It

Fall has been super delayed this year meaning we have to dress like fall without it actually feeling like. I’m sharing how I’m transitioning some of my favorite summer pieces into the season to create a casual early fall outfit perfect for warmer temps.

similar j.crew denim jacket | c/o mott & bow tee | anthropologie striped midi skirt (on super sale) | c/o henri bendel satchel (similar blush satchel) | sam edelman flats | brixton navy straw hat | david yurman cuff | david yurman ring | c/o lisi lerch white statement earrings

Fall still hasn’t fully arrived here in Charlotte. For some reason, it is taking it’s sweet time. Therefore, we’re experiencing 85-90 degree days regularly with 100% humidity in the morning and 60% throughout. Which means, chunky sweaters, corduroys, and scarves cannot be worn right now (insert sad face emoji). Instead, we’re left figuring out how to make our summer wardrobe look like fall! So here I am, bringing some of my favorite pieces from summer into the “fall season“. I absolutely love both of these pieces so I’m not too upset about it, I am just SO ready for fall. And I know those who are in warmer climates are experiencing the same feeling!

The two pieces I’m talking about are this navy straw hat and this striped midi skirt. Honestly, I HAD to style this striped midi skirt again to share with y’all as it’s on super sale and you NEED to scoop it up stat! I last styled the skirt for summer with a feminine white blouse and again, with a sweater tank. As far as the hat, it has been worn A LOT and if you don’t have a navy straw hat, you need one, I promise! Styled for a casual late summer look, with a striped tee and yellow midi skirt, overalls (my personal favorite), navy maxi dress, and three different skirts. I told you, it has been worn a lot!

PHOTOS BY KRISTEN BISHOP DAY

Casual Early Fall Style | What to Wear When It's Fall But Doesn't Feel Like It on Louella Reese Life & Style Blog
Cactus Plant on Louella Reese
Casual Early Fall Style | What to Wear When It's Fall But Doesn't Feel Like It on Louella Reese Blog
Pink Fall Flower on Louella Reese
Casual Early Fall Outfit Idea | What to Wear When It's Fall But Doesn't Feel Like It on Louella Reese Blog
Casual Early Fall Outfit Idea | What to Wear When It's Fall But Doesn't Feel Like It on Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

My recommendations for you, for bringing some of your favorite summer pieces into the warmer fall season…choose closed toe footwear, layer with a light jacket or sweater, opt for darker or more neutral hues.

What are some of your favorite summer pieces you’re transitioning into the fall season? Comment below and share!

1. Jessica Camerata
    October 11, 2018 / 9:20 am

I need this hat! Such a cute look.

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

2. October 11, 2018 / 11:08 am

Cute outfit and I love your skirt! The hat is the perfect accessory to tie it all together. Love it!!

XOXO
    Cathy

3. October 11, 2018 / 1:24 pm

It’s definitely been a strange season and I held off packing away my summer clothes until this week. Then we had two 80 degrees days again… ugh! Love how you transitioned these pieces!

• October 12, 2018 / 9:18 am

Really has been the craziest! I do not understand it. Today it feels like fall and I could not be more excited, hope it sticks around! Thank you so much gal 🙂

4. October 11, 2018 / 3:00 pm

That is the cutest outfit. I need a hat like that immediately.

5. October 11, 2018 / 4:31 pm

I wish fall would hurry up!! But in the meantime, its fun incorporating some summer favorites into your fall wardrobe!

6. Ruthie Ridley
    October 11, 2018 / 7:46 pm

Love this look so much and these images are so stunning!

7. Elle
    October 11, 2018 / 8:40 pm

Cutie patootie! Hoping cooler temps come your way! xo elle

8. October 11, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Such a cute outfit. I totally can relate with climate change. Last weekend in Texas was like summer and then during the week it felt like winter. -.- lol

XO
    Candace

9. October 11, 2018 / 9:36 pm

You are too cute with that straw hat! I love this look and I completely feel you on the humidity… it has been way too hot recently, I’m so ready for fall! ….and sweater weather!

Emma

• October 12, 2018 / 9:25 am

Aw thank you Emma 🙂 It really has been WAY too hot – praise that today actually feels like fall.

10. October 11, 2018 / 11:21 pm

This is such a cute outfit girl! I am loving the skirt and hat, so chic!

Kileen

11. October 11, 2018 / 11:42 pm

loving this post so much!! it’s so hot here in socal so this post was so helpful!

12. October 12, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I’m a hat girl and crushing so hard on this hat! Looks awesome on you!

• October 12, 2018 / 1:28 pm

You should absolutely scoop it up gal! The quality is amazing! Thank you 🙂

13. October 13, 2018 / 5:07 pm

I love this outfit so much! Waiting for it to feel like fall here too!

• October 15, 2018 / 8:11 am

Thank you Shira! Fall finally arrived here this weekend. Hope it did for you as well!

14. October 15, 2018 / 11:40 am

This is the perfect transition outfit!!

15. October 15, 2018 / 1:55 pm

Oh my goodness, these photos are beautiful! I give them all the heart eyes, haha!
    Fall is just not happening here in FL at all…I’ve given up! It won’t arrive until November, sadly!
    I am living vicariously through you with this cute skirt and denim jacket combo!
    By the way, how do you edit your photos? Do you use a certain preset, as I loveeee the edits you did here! If you mae them yourself you should totally see them girllll!!
    XO Amanda
    Affordable by Amanda

• October 15, 2018 / 4:03 pm

Aw thank you Amanada! I really appreciate that gal. I hope fall surprises you and arrives a little earlier than expected! I do edit my own photos with a preset I customized off a VSCO filter. I have been thinking of selling as lots of people have complimented it. May have to do that after the first of the year! Thank you for the sweet compliment!