The holiday season typically results in carb overload so why not gift a low carb granola to lighten the day!
Can you believe Christmas is just a handful of days away? I sure cannot but am also so ready for the celebrations to arrive. If you’re anything like me those celebrations include a lot of cookies, breads, and pies. Aka all of the carbs! While it is the holiday season and I am ALL about indulging there are also moments when I just want something ANYTHING that has minimal carbs. So the other day I decided to try my hand at a low carb granola. One that could easily be ate alone, with milk or yogurt. The granola turned out to be incredibly delicious and has now become a favorite of mine!
Aside from it being a great treat for the holiday season on those days you just need a little break from carbs, it also looks beautiful in a jar with a little ribbon. Making it the perfect gift to bring your neighbors or to a holiday party as a hostess gift. A fun way to spice things up from the typical plate of cookies.
Additionally, this is a great granola to keep in mind if you’re on the FWTFL program! The granola is PACKED with healthy fats + proteins and very low in carbs. Especially after you subtract the fiber!
Sweet Low Carb Granola
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups slivered almonds
- 3/4 cups whole raw pecans
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees then line a cookie sheet parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine maple syrup and coconut oil in a small bowl tand microwave for 25-30 seconds to melt the coconut oil. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the melted mixture over the granola mixture then stir until all granola is well coated. Spread onto prepared cookie sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes stirring twice while it bakes or until coconut is golden brown. Granola will crisp even more as it cools.
- Cool completely on sheet pan.
- Enjoy alone, top yogurt, or add milk and enjoy like cereal!