Wear A Cropped Sweater This Summer

Who knew a cropped summer sweater was a must have item? Sharing why you need one and styling tips!

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

photos by back seat photography // location: whitehead manor // hair by: simply curled by kaitlyn

sweater {on super sale} // similar top // shorts // handbag {mini version} // wedges { similar under $60} // sunglasses // c/o earrings

A sweater for summer, WHAT? Yes, I am being serious. Sometimes the temps drop in the evening or if you’re at the beach walking down the sand at night it can become quite breezy. Also, we all know restaurants like to freeze us out come summer, movie theaters too. So a sweet cropped sweater is the way to go!

Now this sweater as almost sold out {can you blame people?} but no worries, I’ve found another one that’s almost identical. Honestly, it has cuter detailing. There’s also this one that’s a little more breathable. This one would be perfect with a sassy little bralette under it. If you’re looking for a short sleeve version this one is adorable! And lastly a tank version, definitely made for summer and under $30.

shop cropped sweaters for summer

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Clare V Alice Tote | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

Cropped Summer Sweater | Louella Reese | Life & Style Blog

I actually wore this combo while we were in CT in May. Temperatures were quite lower than Charlotte and an extra layer was definitely required. I traded the wedges for sneaks {last seen here} though and bypassed the handbag for Joshua’s pockets {isn’t that the best}. I loved the combo so much, I’ve worn it two or three times since. Typically, the sweater is in my handbag in case any of the situations listed above occur.

If you aren’t sure about the cropped sweater trend, I promise if you give it a try, you’ll love it! Cropped sweaters are so easy to throw over your look and they don’t take away from your top. Your blouse, shirt, or dress is still able to make an appearance and be seen. Which I love! Plus they’re not as warm as traditional sweater. Which come summer, is obviously a good thing. So give the trend a try and let me know what you think!

I accept the Privacy Policy

1. Nataly wrote:

I love how you styled this sweater for summer! Looks so good on you!

2. Jessica wrote:

I’m coming over to steal this bag bc it’s sold out EVERYWHERE! Love this look!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
    • I know, I hate it’s sold out! Seriously everyone needs it! Come to Charlotte for the weekend, you can borrow 🙂 Thanks Jessica!

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
  3. Such a cute sweater and bag. I love oversized layers!

4. Danielle wrote:

I’m totally loving this trend!

xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco

5. Hillary wrote:

I’m always freezing so a summer sweater is always in my repertoire! 🙂

~Hillary

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
  6. Loving the layering trick you have going on here! Those stripes are so subtle yet stylish!

Xx Taylor

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
    • Aw thanks Taylor! I’m so happy you noticed the stripes. I felt like they added a little excitement to the look.

7. Anna English wrote:

I love a good cozy sweater! Sadly its way too hot to wear one here in TX!

8. Lauren wrote:

So funny that you wrote this post because I picked up a cropped sweater last weekend thinking I could save it for fall, but actually was able to wear it while walking along the lake at night! Love the way you styled it, and you look so pretty! Those earrings are to die for!

Lauren

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
    • Oh that’s so perfect. Thank you Lauren! You’re so sweet gal. You need these earrings in your life. They’re SO fun to wear and go with everything.

9. Lily wrote:

What a cute trend! I love that they can go over anything.
    Can we talk about how cute your hair looks!?! So jelous!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
    • Aw thanks Lily! Simply Curled by Kaitlyn did it for me. I wish I could create something this pretty myself.

10. Lee Anne wrote:

That cropped sweater is the cutest, and I love our bag!
    xo
    Lee Anne

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
    • Aw thank you gal! The sweater has been great for all slightly chilly occasions. And I seriously think every gal needs this bag. It’s the best.

11. Morgan wrote:

LOVE summer sweaters! The way you layered yours with the stripes underneath is so summery!

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
  12. that cropped sweater looks so good on you!

Posted 6.27.17 Reply
  13. loving this crop sweater look!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  14. marissa wrote:

I really love how effortless this look is! that bag is adorable!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  15. Maggie wrote:

I’m seriously obsessed with this look!! It’s so chic!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  16. Ashley wrote:

I love pairing sweaters and shorts together and now just need to get a cropped one! Love this look lady!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
    • Me too gal!! Yes, you definitely should pick one up. The style would be so cute on you!

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  17. Kelsey wrote:

This outfit is gorgeous, I love the look of a sweater or sweatshirt with shorts in the summer so cute!!
    Xo, Kelsey | http://www.petiteinherpearls.com

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
  18. Chloe wrote:

This is such a cute look! I LOVE your circle bag! 🙂 I wish I could wear a sweater in the Summer! It’s just dry heat the whoooole day! 🙂

xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/styling-silky-textures/

Posted 6.28.17 Reply
    • Aw thank you Chloe!! The circle bag is my obsession. I basically wear it nonstop. Ah well maybe you could wear one like this come fall.

Posted 6.29.17 Reply
  19. Rachel wrote:

Summer sweaters are my FAVE!!! Love this outfit & your adorable circle bag!

Rachel / http://www.helloher.co