Spilling all the details about what I put in my NYFW carry on bag! From electronics to entertainment, necessities, and more!
Happy Friday y’all! Last night I touched down in NYC with Morgan to attend our second NYFW. Yay! So I thought it would be fun to share what I have in my carry on for this trip. First off, I’m carrying this gorgeous blue leather tote from Beck Bags. I couldn’t be more obsessed with it and it truly is the ideal tote for traveling. HUGE – fits all the necessities plus more. Plus has a zip pocket for you to plus items like your passport (if needed), lipsticks/chapstick, and all those little things that easily get lost in a big purse. Keep reading for details of what I’m bringing, what keeps me organized, and more!
What I Have In My NYFW Carry On Bag:
- Laptop: An absolute have to have! Especially on a work/media trip. I typically work on blog posts during flights and love to add photos from my trip while on it, so need Lightroom! I know some people love using the Lightroom app on their phone to edit but I HATE doing it on my phone. So I really cannot leave it behind.
- Card Case: A must have for any business person at all times. This card case goes with me everywhere. You never know who you’re going to meet and when you will need a business card.
- Chargers: Because hello – laptop, cellphone, portable charger, and camera. Obviously, I am highly dependent on technology and these are my little lifelines haha.
- Sunnies: I carry these in my carry on to keep them save and at times, they’re needed when getting off the plane. Also, just easy access for when you’ve picked up your bag and are headed out of the airport. No digging through your suitcase is necessary. Plus, you never know, it may be super sunny on the airplane and you may want to soak that all in by leaving your window open. Or have no control over it due to your seat mate and need some shield to see your screen.
- Snacks: I’m hungry 99% of the time and for some reason when I’m traveling, I’m even more hungry. Therefore, having snacks on hand are an absolute must! For me, I always have RXBars, collagen peptides, and epic jerky bars.
- AirPods: I could not be more obsessed with these. I use them every single day at the gym and when I go on walks. I haven’t yet used them in the airport or on flight but I’m pretty sure I’ll be equally as obsessed.
- Jewelry: My mom instilled this in me. Always have your jewelry with you. It is one of the pieces most likely to be taken if you leave it in your checked bag. Also, if your check bag happens to get lost, there goes your jewelry. Therefore, I always carry my jewelry in my carry on.
- Cashmere Scarf: 9 times out of ten airplanes are freezing. So I always bring a scarf to wear as a blanket.
- Magazines & Book: A have to have when flying! I love picking out a magazine or two in the airport. Typically fashion related or something like People. Flights are the perfect opportunity to step away from electronics and read. So when I have the opportunity to do so (and don’t have a blog post to write), I read! This trip I am reading China Rich Girlfriend after watching Crazy Rich Asians last month.
- Tissues: Having the sniffles on the plane is the worst! You annoy yourself and those around you. Having tissues on hand are a total lifesaver – keep your nose in check!
- Camera: Not pictured here as it was taking the photos haha but I always carry my camera with me. To keep it save and give me piece of mind. Also, you never know when something may be photo worthy so loving having it on head, just in case!
- Scrunchie: This scrunchie thing is new but I’ve always carried at least one hair tie in my carry on bag. You never know when you’ll be over your hair and want to throw it up!