How to Style a Lightweight Sweater Tank

Who knew a lightweight sweater tank was a must have item for summer? I’m telling you why it is and sharing a look perfect for a summer date night with your beau.

Casual Summer Date Night | How to Style a Lightweight Sweater Tank this Summer styled on Louella Reese Life & Style Blog

sweater tank {on sale till August 5th} | similar skirt {under $15} | wedges | c/o handbag {on sale for $26.99} | c/o navy tassel earrings | cable cuff | cable ring

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is winding down. Aka Sunday is the LAST day! So before the sale officially ends for the year I had to share another one of my favorite purchases {see my jeans + sweater pick and tee + jeans again}. A neutral super simple, lightweight sweater tank. An item you can easily wear now and later. Which are the BEST kinds of purchases, am I right?

A sweater tank has been on my list since spotting my gal Shelby rocking one in April {check out my comment on her post}. Literally since then I have been on the hunt for the perfect neutral lightweight sweater tank. It was important to me that the tank was lightweight so I could wear it through all seasons and layer it with lots. Thankfully, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale provided the PERFECT one!

Rattan Handbag with Wooden Handles, Must Have Summer Handbags featured on Louella Reese
How to Style a Lightweight Sweater Tank for Summer styled on Louella Reese Life & Style Blog
How to Style a Lightweight Sweater Tank for Summer styled on Louella Reese Blog
Marc Fisher Espadrille Wedges, Summer Style featured on Louella Reese

Since adding a lightweight sweater tank to my wardrobe I now feel EVERY WOMAN NEEDS ONE! Why you ask? Well, let me tell you!

1. As listed above, if it’s lightweight you can wear the sweater tank through ALL seasons.

2. It is an easy piece to dress up or down.

3. It is a closet basic that can be the base for SO many looks!

4. They’re kind of sexy and you can’t help but feel sexy wearing one {when it’s the right one for you}. Seriously, I feel sexy in clothing like 5% of the year, I look like a little girl, I get it, I embrace it {everyone tells me I’ll be thankful for it down the road} but every now and then feeling sexy feels good and y’all wearing this sweater feels all the right kinds of sexy!

Feeling like you need one? Yep, you absolutely do!

Shop More Lightweight Sweater Tanks

Roots Cafe, Where to Eat in Charlotte NC featured on Louella Reese
How to Style a Lightweight Sweater Tank for Summer styled on Louella Reese
Roots Cafe, Places to Eat in Charlotte NC featured on Louella Reese

1. August 2, 2018 / 8:25 am

Love your whole outfit, and that bag! I just bought a sweater tank yesterday and can’t wait to style it! Thanks for the tips. 🙂

• August 2, 2018 / 10:32 am

Thank you lots Hannah! Appreciate it gal. You are going to have so much fun styling it!

2. August 2, 2018 / 12:07 pm

I love sweater tanks! Another great place to find them is Zara 🙂 and I agree, theres something about the way that they fall across your body that makes them a little sexy.

Noelle

• August 2, 2018 / 3:05 pm

Oh I love Zara but always forget to shop it online. Thanks for the reminder! So glad you agree with me on the sexy feel of them!

3. August 2, 2018 / 12:17 pm

Cute outfit, I love your handbag, it’s so cute!

XOXO
    Cathy

• August 2, 2018 / 3:05 pm

Thank you so much! It’s on sale for under $30 – you should totally pick it up!

4. August 2, 2018 / 12:25 pm

Your photos are incredible! Do you have a post about which camera you use or your photography in general? Ps. I love that you matched your nail polish to your skirt, that’s something I would do!

• August 2, 2018 / 3:06 pm

Aw thank you so much Annie! I have not but definitely should put one together. I will get to that! Thank you, that honestly happened by accident but was a great one haha.

ox Laura Leigh

5. Mollie
    August 2, 2018 / 2:22 pm

SOLD!! I need a sweater tank asap! And I hear ya on the looking young thing… I got carded at the bar the other day. The drinking age in London is 18… LOL

xx Mollie

• August 2, 2018 / 3:06 pm

Yay! Glad you’re on the bandwagon with me. Haha, isn’t that the most annoying thing? But, we’ll be thankful for it later…so they say haha.

6. August 2, 2018 / 10:24 pm

Love all of these shots! A lightweight sweater tank is such an unexpected classic for summer, but they are so so cute!

xoxo, Cecilia // sunnysidececilia.com

• August 3, 2018 / 7:07 am

Thank you so much! That is the perfect statement, an unexpected classic. Love that!

7. August 3, 2018 / 2:52 am

The outfits are great for you, all the items are pretty, I like them all

8. August 3, 2018 / 8:38 am

That tank is such a staple for summer and fall! I am in love with how you styled in for summer! So cute and feminine!

9. Stephanie
    August 3, 2018 / 11:02 am

I remember having the crazy idea that sweater tanks were counterproductive – a sweater without sleeves? But then I tried one on for the first time and I was HOOKED! They’re so beautiful and comfortable – and they’re a wonderful transitional piece. I love this one on you!

• August 3, 2018 / 1:31 pm

Oh girl, I was right there with you! Lesson learned, they are fabulous haha. Thank you!

10. maggie
    August 3, 2018 / 3:50 pm

Love your whole outfit and that sweater tank is so cute for the fall!

• August 6, 2018 / 6:27 am

Thank you Maggie! I can’t wait to layer it for fall. I know it’ll be worn a ton!

11. August 6, 2018 / 10:25 am

Oh this tank is so pretty and it’s the perfect transitional piece!