Since Valentine’s Day may look a little different this year or very similar if you’re anything like us and typically choose to spend it at home. Either way, make it a little sweeter with a Valentine’s Day DIY Baking Gift Basket. Or rather a bowl! Create one for your better half and enjoy a sweet date in the comfort of your own home.
This Valentine’s Day, we’re planning to spend the day creating our favorite thing – cookies! With a little bake-off! I created a DIY baking gift basket to gift your better half complete with a Valentine’s Day theme playlist you can listen to as you enjoy time together in the kitchen! Plus, the perfect simple sugar cookie recipe.
DIY Baking Gift Basket:
jar of your favorite cookie recipe ingredients (see recipe below for sugar cookies)
mix in options: sprinkles, nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate
Valentine’s Day playlist
Combine all items inside the mixing bowl – I recommend going with a larger one so you can fit everything in it easily. I also used Kraft crinkle paper to fill the bottom and make it easier to place everything in an aesthetically pleasing way. Your significant other may not appreciate that but if you gift to a friend or neighbor I am sure they will love the presentation!
shop DIY baking gift basket items
Simple Sugar Cookie Recipe
I also wanted to share the simple sugar cookie we used. It is perfect for a bake-off as you can add so many different mix-ins, toppings, and/or top with frosting! Also the perfect recipe to place in a glass jar to include in your DIY baking gift basket! Just be sure to include a note of the recipe + what wet ingredients they will need, if you aren’t baking with them. i.e. if you’re gifting to a neighbor or friend.
1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
- Cream butter. Add Sugar In The Raw® and gradually beat in the eggs. One at a time until well combined.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Blend in dry ingredients alternating with the one cup of sour cream.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Prepare the countertop by covering a small section with flour. Also cover the rolling pin with flour. Place down on the floured countertop and sprinkle the top of the dough with flour.
- Roll dough. Use cut outs to cut dough.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle tops of cookies with Sugar In The Raw® & add your favorite mix-ins/toppings. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Want more recipes? Click through to my food page or head straight to one of my favorites simple homemade granola & açaí bowl recipe. More Valentine’s Day content? Click through to recent Valentine’s Day posts.
shop the post