Can you believe we have been living the quarantine life for almost a year now? Part of me feels it has been forever while the other part feels March 2020 was just a couple of months ago. It is so crazy how time flies and moves at a snails pace all at the time same. Quarantine and the past year have made big impacts on our lives and changed the way we do a lot of things, including live our lives. One of the many ways this has really impacted me is with my spending and purchase making. I find impulse buys are few and far between and most purchases are marinated on for quite some time! Which has resulted in some truly quality purchases I absolutely love and saved me from several buyers remorse moments. So with that said, I wanted to share my 10 Best Quarantine Purchases.
My absolute favorites purchases from the last year. Please know, this was not the easiest list to create. By that I mean limiting the list to ten was quite hard! But these 10 are the ones I truly love/use the most and would highly recommend to all my friends aka you!
10 Best Quarantine Purchases
- Facial Steamer (also available here, here and here) – truly no question this has been my favorite and best quarantine purchase! This facial steamer is such a great way to treat yourself and partake in regular self care at home. I typically plan one evening a week to enjoy a full 15 minute facial steam and complete a lengthy skincare routine. Afterwards I feel so refreshed, and hydrated. Learn more about my facial steamer routine via Instagram story highlights & the products I use.
- Ruffle Sleeve Sweatshirt (also available here) – is this not the cutest sweatshirt you’ve ever seen? With the ruffle sleeves and slimmer fit – it is a must have! I love the feminine touch the ruffle sleeves provide. Instantly gives off a more styled look – even though you’re still wearing a sweatshirt! Love when style and comfort meet! Available in five colors.
- Midi Length Fine-Knit Sweater Dress – does anyone else completely struggle when it comes to sweater dresses? Every year I try at least three different styles and every year it is exactly the same – no, no and no. They either consume me, don’t flatter my shape, or straight up do not fit. I had basically given up and didn’t try a single one for the 2020-2021 winter season. But when I spotted this midi fine-knit version I decided to give it one last go ahead. Totally one of those, when you least expect it moments. To my surprise the perfect sweater dress has been found! This style is flattering, comfortable, so soft, and incredibly versatile. Currently sold out in the lighter color but still available in black.
- Squalene + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen (also available here) – this past year I have really put a focus on cleaning up my skincare routine. Last on that list was sunscreen. To be honest, it was quite overwhelming trying to find a safe, non-toxic sunscreen…. especially because there are so many that label themselves as “clean”, however they are not! I did a bunch of research on ingredients and also used the EWG’s website – which landed me on this mineral sunscreen with squalene and zinc. It has the best/cleanest rating on the EWG website, is lightweight, and sheer. A complete win in my book!
- Resistance Band Set – I use these almost every single day! I love that there are five resistance bands of varying resistances in this set. Perfect for literally everyone – whether you’re just starting out, an intermediate like me, or advanced. There’s at least two bands you’ll find yourself using often no matter what level you’re at! I personally use 3 of them with almost every workout. Could not recommend these more – can’t beat the $20 price!
- Sparkly Headband – oh my heart do I love this little cutie! Truly the best accessory ever! I wear this $16.99 headband at least once a week but in all honesty more like 2-4x per week. Instantly ups any look – including your WFH style…even loungewear!
- Slipcovered Bed with Footbed – this has been our biggest purchase! Also the one that took us the longest to decide on as well as receive. It is an investment, I will admit BUT this 100% will be our bed forever! The reason it took so long to receive is that the bed is custom made so lead time can be quite long. BUT sooooo worth it! The bed is such a beauty, incredible quality, and honestly just perfect!
- Printed Antique Moss Rug (also available here) – love this rug so much I bought two! No, seriously I bought two! One for our bedroom and another for the office. Both have rugs layered under them for a different look but wow do I love this rug. It is the ideal green rug! Plus you cannot beat the price of this brand! Their rugs are amazing and by far the best prices I have found!
- Perfect Vintage Jeans – best clothing purchase I made during quarantine! These are truly the most perfect pair of jeans! They’re flattering, comfortable, and can be dressed, down and paired with everything. I reach for this pair 9 out of 10 times when going for jeans. I did get my true size and find they’re a little big but kind of like that fit. If you’re between sizes I would size down one.
- Persona Vitamins – once quarantine started one of my main focuses was to build my immune system. I knew it was weak already and figured being home with only Joshua would cause it to grow weaker. Quarantine life also encouraged me to focus on my health and find ways to improve it. Vitamins seemed like a great start! With Persona Nutrition you fill out a detailed survey to find out more about what your body needs, how it acts, and what it may be lacking. From there they provide vitamin recommendations and create a custom vitamin pack for you! I have been taking for several months now and notice a big difference in the way I feel and I believe the way I look as well! After a couple of months I did edit my pack a bit to better cater to what my body wants/needs. As well as remove a few vitamins I didn’t feel were impacting me too much. It has been fun learning more about vitamins and supplements + what they can do for our bodies!