There is something about gathering in your own backyard that always creates the most special memories. Summer provides the perfect opportunity to gather with family and friends for warm weather get-togethers. Create lasting memories with those you love soaking up the summer weather, enjoying quality time and indulging in some good food!
I recently shared inspiration for outdoor spaces and wanted to give you a look at one we have created since publishing the post. Over the past several months I have found hosting & entertaining to be a passion of mine. I love having our friends and family over and enjoying our home with them. Along with that good food I mentioned a minute ago! With the warm weather we have been wanting to get outdoors more – which is the reason we created this new outdoor space, an extension of our home.
A space we can enjoy now on summer evenings and throughout the year as the seasons change. Creating a backyard fire pit area creates a cozy space in your yard to welcome friends and family or enjoy alone, together, for an at home date night.
We kept ours simple with four adirondack chairs and a fire pit. From there I added blankets and pillows for added texture, comfort, and warmth, when needed. As well as a small side table to place s’mores ingredients and roasting sticks.
You can never go wrong adding Adirondack chairs to your outdoor spaces. They are classic, timeless pieces you will have for years to come. Whether you have them on your deck, porch, yard or by the water. The style we selected from Joss & Main gives you the option to recline the chairs to two additional positions. Perfect for soaking in the summer sun throughout the day!
We ended up selecting the weather acorn color as I felt it matched our deck, home and yard well. I love how they pop just slightly against our woods. I am also a fan of the whitewash and tuscan taupe options. Aside from the style we choose Joss & Main has several Adirondack chairs to choose from – see more below!
Adirondack Chairs at Joss & Main
Fire Pits at Joss & Main
Creating a backyard fire pit area
Creating a backyard fire pit area is quite simple. A few recommendations I have:
- Take time to decide where you want to place your backyard fire pit area. Make sure it is at least semi-secluded from the main road. You don’t want to be distracted by vehicle lights while enjoying your bonfire. Additionally, beware of trees overhead or being too close to your home. You do not want to risk a fire much larger than the one you are planning to create!
- Select one item and then build the rest of your area around it. For us, we had our fire pit first. From there we selected our Adirondack chairs to compliment the fire pit, yard, and home.
- Add accessories. Whether they’re temporary or permanently. Make this space an extension of your home with additional accessories like blankets, pillows, garden stools, plants, and accent tables.
- Add as you need/want! While we most likely won’t be completing this project, this summer, we do plan to cover the ground below our fire pit area with pea gravel. Creating more of a designated space and simplifying Joshua’s grass mowing!
- Enjoy! Soak in this space and the work you put into it!
Stay up to date on all things home on the Louella Reese Home page.