One of the best things about living in the Charlotte area is the fact that there are so many great cities to explore within driving distance. Sevierville Tennessee is one that is within 4 hours and has so much to offer for a weekend getaway. Joshua and I explored this charming Tennessee town and want to share all the best things to see and do for a couples getaway!
This post was written in partnership with Garden & Gun. All opinions and views are my own.
Where to Stay in Sevierville, Tennessee
Upon arrival we checked into The Central Hotel, a historic boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Sevierville. Making it the ideal spot to stay! The Central Hotel offers the allure of a historic building with all the modern updates. Each room offers a large living area, kitchen and two to three bedrooms. Making The Central Hotel the place to book when visiting with another couple, a group or family. There is plenty of space for everyone and yet you can all stay together. We loved that our room had balconies off of two of the bedrooms. This offered the perfect space to start and end each day. Also, ideal for a little date night in or start to your evening with charcuterie and wine on the balcony.
Where to Eat in Sevierville Tennessee
There are so many great restaurants to experience in Sevierville, from classic southern fare to rooftop spots like Hendrix. One of our favorites was Seasons 101. An American Bistro that offers a warm, modern atmosphere ideal for date night. We enjoyed an intimate table off to the side with the most incredible shrive we have ever had! Each item we ordered was truly better than the next, something we did not think was possible as we completed each course. We also enjoyed cocktails and wine from their extensive menu, including a seasonal bourbon cocktail for Joshua. Below are some of the best spots to check out in Sevierville:
- Applewood Farmhouse – Known for their famous apple fritters with apple butter and Applewood juleps, the Applewood Farmhouse is a Sevierville landmark. People drive hours to dine at this breakfast country kitchen!
- Apple Barn & Cider Mill – Stop in in between exploring Apple Barn Village for a cup of cider and a few fresh baked goodies.
- Hard Cider House – After you’ve finished exploring we recommend popping in here to sample a few hard ciders.
- Cruz Farm Diary – Take a step back in time and reward yourself with a custard creation prepared by one of the Cruz Farm girls’. Personally, I couldn’t recommend the classic twist with a few toppings. Or one of their famous churns.
- Five Oaks Farm Kitchen – A southern-style breakfast you do not want to miss! Order the cinnamon roll for the table and if pancakes are your thing, get yourself their Blanche’s think “ring baked” griddle cakes! Don’t forget to ask for the blackberry compote!
- Honeybee Co. – Stop in for a coffee or loose leaf tea. Perfect for enjoying while you explore downtown Sevierville on foot.
Things to do in Sevierville Tennessee
Explore Downtown Sevierville, Shop, & Snap a Photo with Dolly
My recommendation is to explore charming downtown Sevierville by foot with a cup of coffee or tea in hand. It’s the perfect way to spend a few hours and enjoy quality time together. We loved seeing the various store fronts and popping into local shops like Jolene’s on Bruce St. and Beyond 436. Downtown also offers the opportunity to snap a photo with Sevierville local, Dolly Parton. In the center of the Sevier County Courthouse lawn, you’ll find a bronze statue of the country queen.
From there take a short drive over to Ogle Bros General Store. Which offers a truly authentic experience in southern hospitality. Including samples of items fresh out of the kitchen and hot apple cider, when we visited. A fun shop to explore together and pick out souvenirs + gifts.
Take a Helicopter Ride
Take a romantic adventure for two with Scenic Helicopter Tours. This would be one of my top recommendations for couples visiting Sevierville, this was such a romantic and unique experience. We were both in complete awe and Sevierville is very beautiful from the sky!
Visit Apple Barn
I mentioned several spots to stop into for four and drink at Apple Barn. Aside from those, Apple Barn Village offers several shops and an apple orchard you are free to explore. A great spot to spend the morning/afternoon, kicking off your time there with breakfast at Applewood Farmhouse.
Sample Moonshine at Olde Tennessee Distillery Co.
Old Tennessee Distillery Co., an ideal place to spend a laid-back afternoon. Here you can sample a wide array of Moonshine flavors as well as whiskey, vodka and additional spirits. You may just find a new favorite! You can purchase bottles to bring home which also make amazing gifts for friends and family.